From the cradle to the present day
- 1945 – born on October 11th in Starý Plzenec
- 1962 – graduation and unfinished university studies
- 1970 – imprisonment for active participation in 1968
- 1971 – private disciple of prof.Preclík, development of leather jewelry technique, paintings on leather and parchment
- 1974 – start exhibiting in galleries Díla, co-organized exhibitions Bertramka and Salon of Young Artists in Prague
- 1978 – cooperation on the project Hus House in Constance, the largest leather realized sculpture in the world
- 1980 – emigrated to Austria
- 1984 – opening of my own gallery in Vienna on Spittelberg – Atelier Jan
- 1985 – establishment of the association Kunst-Kolegium, organization of cultural events
- 1988 – chairman of the prestigious Association Kontakt-forum, implementation of many theater performances, concerts and exhibitions of Czech artists in Vienna
- 1989 – organizing protest actions against the regime of ČSSR
- 1991 – preparation of a study on architects F.Fellner and H.Helmer, co-organized the first Czech-Austrian ball.
- 1993 – screenplay for the film Temples of the Muses
- 1994 – writing the play “Causa Rudolf“, which was launched in Prague and Vienna, is still in the repertoire of amateur ensembles and recieved prices at several theater festivals
- 1998 – opening of a studio in Prague
- 2000 – award for feature documentary Temples of the Muses, work on other games and scenarios
- 2004 – publication of the book Cesta na východ
- 2005 – publication of the book In Der Fremde Daheim
- 2007 – the script for the movie Marshal Radetzky
- 2008 – realization of the statue of the Golem over 2 meters high within the project Praha Rozsochatá
- 2010 – nominated for the Centropa
- 2012 – publication of the book Vídeň je Vídeň, ale bez Čechů by to nebylo vono
- 2013 – publication of the book Ostrovní příběh
My whole life, I am making paintings on leather and parchment, I create sculptures and jewelry both made from leather, I do drawings and prints, paintings on handmade paper in original technique. I create leather masks that were used many times in theatrical performances. I am restoring old furniture and garnish it with leather paintings.
I am trying to build on the historic connection between Prague and Vienna. I cooperated and worked with a number of Czech and Austrian artists from many different professions.
Since 1974, I have realized more than a hundred exhibitions, I am taking part at symposiums and projects in the Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Croatia, Italy.
Several times a year I organize concerts, literary evenings and other culture events at the Atelier Jan (annual Christmas meeting, Pralines for Miroslav Horníček, Concert Musica Viva of Jaroslav Krček, samples of work for children and club members Afázie and others).
More than 1500 paintings and other works are exhibited in private collections around the world. One of my paintings is located at the Vatican, dedicated as a personal gift to cardinal Špidlík.
Outside of Europe my works can also be found in Japan and the United States.
Every year I donate several paintings to charity (Friends Club children DD’97 Foundation Euronisa, Benefit Concert for Africa, Association CMP and others).